Saturday, October 31, 2009

FB - Chapter 7 Teaser

Two steps inside and I felt Isabella’s muscles stiffen beneath my hand. Looking down, she’d lost all color in her face. Moving to stand in front of her, I tried to get her to look at me, to focus but she wouldn’t. Instead, her arms crossed her body, hugging herself tightly and her breathing was becoming increasingly shallow.

An older couple walked around us with stares of obvious curiosity at the scene. I couldn’t care less. All I knew is that we needed to leave this place. I had no idea what was going on exactly but something changed once we’d entered this building. My only hope was that leaving it would correct the problem.

Putting my arm firmly around her waist, pulling her to my side, I practically carried her back out the door. Looking around, I spotted a bench across the way and headed for it.

Thankfully, it was still early enough in the season that there weren’t crowds of people. That didn’t mean we weren’t attracting attention though. Several people, including one zoo worker, paused in their progress to assess the situation. I couldn’t spare them much attention, however.

As we both sat down on the bench, she continued to curl into herself and was now engaged in a sort of rocking motion. She was mumbling, but I couldn’t make out the words.

Wherever she was, it wasn’t here. I needed her to calm down and focus.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Wednesday seriously needs to get here. I can't say enough about FB and I can't wait for the update!

    xxJules

    ReplyDelete