Friday, October 9, 2009

Teaser - Perspective Chapter 37

Alice said you were ready to go. Of course. Alice. I nodded, and we took off through the trees at a steady pace.

We were earlier than usual getting to what had become our spot in the woods. The moon was high in the sky and the opening in the trees brought the light streaming down to the forest floor. It painted a relaxing picture, but I was anything but. I knew what I wanted out of tonight. The thought of asking Jasper for it, however, was not as easy as I would have liked. Of course, he picked up on my anxiety. What is it?

I ran a frustrated hand through my hair and tried to calm myself. This was the last thing he needed to deal with tonight.

When I didn’t answer, he asked out loud. “Why are you nervous?”

Leaning back against the nearest tree, I took a deep breath, and faced my brother. “Logically, I know that asking you is no different than what we’ve been doing, but realistically, I know it is.”

Jasper’s curiosity was peaked by my statement. He was also very firm in his belief that there was nothing he wouldn’t do to help me. “You may change your mind.”

“I doubt it,” he answered.


“Okay,” I said, releasing a breath. “I am a little concerned that I have never…”

No comments:

Post a Comment