Monday, June 28, 2010

FB - Chapter 32 Teaser



He turned to me, "Will you wait here? I have something that I want to show you." I nodded, and he got up. I watched as he went into his bedroom.

All while he was gone I kept wondering what he could possibly have to show me. My question was answered the moment he stepped back in the room. In his right hand, he held a long stick. A cane.

On instinct, my feet came up onto the couch, my whole body crunching tight into a ball. I waited for the first strike to hit me.

It didn't.

I looked up slowly to find Edward standing over me patiently waiting. When he saw that he had my attention he said, "I'm not going to cane you, Isabella. Put your legs down, please, and hold out your hands."

My brain kept shouting at me no, but I wouldn't forget what Edward had told me again. He wouldn't lie to me, and he'd proven it over and over. I could trust that when he told me something that it was true.

It took effort to uncoil my body, but I managed. One by one my feet found their place on the floor in front of me. Then I put my hands out and opened them hoping my trust in him was not misplaced.

I watched as the Edward took a seat on the coffee table directly in front of me, the cane lying across his lap. "This is a rattan cane," he said lifting it up with both hands. "There are many types made out of a variety of materials. They come in all different thickness, but this is one of my favorites." When he was finished with his explanation, he brought his hands out and offered his cane to me. I didn't know if I should take it. "Go one. It won't bite, I promise," he joked.

No comments:

Post a Comment