Tuesday, June 1, 2010

FB - Chapter 30 Teaser

The minute we walked inside camera’s started flashing and a reporter I recognized from the Seattle Times was making a beeline for me. I knew exactly what he was going to ask before the words came out of his mouth. “Is this your new girlfriend, Mr. Masen? What’s her name?”

I smiled because that was what was expected of me. “Hello Riley.” Following behind him was a small woman holding a professional looking camera. “Bree,” I said nodding my head at her. As much as I didn’t want to deal with this tonight, the press came in handy when promoting the foundation. It was good to have them on your side.

Bree lowered the camera from her face and smiled shyly at me. “Evening, Mr. Masen.”

“So come Masen spill. Whose the lovely lady?”

Isabella held tighter to my hand at the unwanted attention. I glanced over at her giving her a reassuring smile before turning back to the reporter. “Ms. Swan. Riley. Riley. Ms. Swan.”

“Nice to meet you, Ms. Swan. Have you and Mr. Masen been dating long?”

Isabella became stiff beside me. I knew I needed to get us out of here. “Stop harassing my date,” I said to Riley with a smirk. “And now,” I turned to Isabella. “If you’ll excuse us, we have a party to attend.” I nodded once again to Bree before guiding Isabella to the elevator that was being held open for us by a hotel employee.

No comments:

Post a Comment