Monday, June 14, 2010

What I'm reading Week 2

The Fan & Stealing Second

These two stories, The Fan and it's sequel Stealing Second, are written by Pears 13 and can be found on fanfiction.net.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5161854/1/
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5629960/1/

In these stories, Edward is a short stop for the Chicago Cubs. Bella is a huge baseball fan with season tickets. The first story follows these two as they meet, date, and deal with Edward's past. Stealing Second picks up right where The Fan leaves off.

I have to say that I enjoyed The Fan more than I'm enjoying it's sequel, however it is still one of those stories that I always make time to read once I see there is an update. Again both of these stories are rated M/NC-17 and for good reason, especially The Fan.

Last year I ended up watching almost the entire World Series and it was all because of this story as I am not typically a baseball fan.

I would give The Fan five stars and it's companion piece, Stealing Second, 4 1/2 stars. Both are worth the read if you are 'fans' of Edward and Bella.

Unexpectedly

This story is written by edieswan, and can be found on fanfiction.net. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5537278/1/. It's rated M, however; there are thirteen chapters posted thus far and we have not reached that rating as of yet.

I enjoy stories that deal with that whole forbidden love aspect. Bella is a 17 year old girl who has a secret in her past that has kept her isolated from the community in which she lives. Her father, Charlie, in and effort to force her out into the world encourages her to get a job at the local bakery. Edward is much older with life complications of his own. He comes into the bakery one Sunday morning and that magnetic pull begins to take over.

This is one of the more unique story lines I've seen using this premise. The writing is decent and the story flows fairly well. Updates are a little slow as the author has three stories going at the same time, but it is one of those that I can't wait to find out what new challenge our couple is going to face next.

I give Unexpectedly 4 out of 5 stars.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your recs. I have read The Fan and I am currently reading Bella Swan's Dating Guide by Pears13. It's pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete