Saturday, November 28, 2009

FB - Chapter 11 Teaser

Taking a deep breath, I squared my shoulders and slowly raised my eyes. He hadn’t said a word since I’d lowered them, and I knew he was waiting. As soon as I was looking at him again, he continued, “Everything I do, Isabella, will be with you in mind. I will always do what I think is best.”

I knew what he meant. He would do what was best for him. But I’d liked the first part. The part where he said he would do everything with me in mind. I wasn’t sure what that meant but it was something. And I hoped it meant that he wouldn’t hurt me too badly. I really hoped that.

Then he reached out and placed a hand on my cheek. His thumb rubbed along the bone just below my left eye. “You belong to me, Isabella. You are safe.”

No comments:

Post a Comment