Saturday, November 7, 2009

FB - Chapter 8 Teaser

Heading straight for my bathroom, I turned on the cold water and splashed it on my face. Looking up in the mirror, I was pleased to see that the anger burning in my eyes had dimmed. I felt more in control, which was good. The last thing Isabella needed was to fear me even more than she already did.

My hand was reaching for the doorknob when I felt my phone vibrate. Pulling it from my pocket and looking at the caller ID, I knew it was my aunt.

Sighing, I figured I might as well get this over with. “Hello.”

‘Edward,” my aunt’s voice resonated through the phone, “And how is my favorite nephew?”

Releasing the doorknob, I leaned back against the sink. “I’m fine. You?”

“Well…I was doing fine until I heard you have a new girlfriend that I haven’t even heard about.”

Closing my eyes, my left hand came up to pinch the bridge of my nose. Girlfriend. Not exactly.

Carlisle knew of my lifestyle. Esme did not. And even if I wanted her to know, this was not the time to tell her. “I didn’t mean to keep anything from you. It’s just…” What did I say? I had no idea, so I settled on, “new.”

1 comment: