Saturday, January 16, 2010

FB - Chapter 18 Teaser

“Come on, baby. Try it on for me. Please?”

“I don’t know if I should,” the woman replied back flirtatiously.

“What do I have to do? Do you want me to beg? I will you know.”

I could see them now out of the corner of my eye. They were standing at the entrance to the fitting room, and their volume didn’t provide for a private conversation. Either they didn’t care or they were totally oblivious to my presence.

“Hm. Begging sounds good,” the woman said, wrapping her arms around the man’s neck with obvious amusement. “Beg me,” she said with a little more force.

I was ready to completely dismiss this game they were obviously playing and go back to my magazine when I heard a small noise come from inside the fitting room. The only person in there was Isabella, and I was up and out of my seat before even thinking about it.

I found a row of six doors behind the curtain, but only one of them was closed. The closer I got, the louder the sound I’d originally heard became. I tried the doorknob, but it was locked.

Just as I was considering my options, the sales lady came in waving her arms around and telling me I wasn’t allowed back here. Completely ignoring her protests, I easily removed the key ring hanging from her wrist and began looking for the one that would fit the lock and get me through the door.

5 comments:

  1. Hope she's OK.
    Was it the couple playing that maybe made Bella remember something from her past?
    Love that Edward is so protective, he didn't even think about going to her and he was already there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I htink it is a response to what he said at the end of the last chapter. It was important the way he worded it about them having sex. He could have said until you are ready (which to Bella would have meant when Edward thought she was ready), but by saying not until she asked would they have sex gives her all the control. I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't have an emotional breakdown. Her world has been turned upside down and that statement alone could have put it into a tailspin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beg! I get it and I see the yellow flashing lights...* looks down and wants to cry* in a whisper "shit"

    K~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a chapter! Can't wait until next week!

    ReplyDelete