Wednesday, July 21, 2010

What I'm Reading

Nightingale Journals

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5731421/1/
http://www.twilighted.net/viewstory.php?sid=10519

I kept seeing this coming up on Twilighted pretty regularly so I decided to give it a try. In this story, Bella is a nurse who works in the PICU. Edward is a doctor. And it is written by kimpy0464.

There are so many stories out there with Edward as a doctor and it was the main reason why I almost didn't try this story. I have to say that I am so glad I pushed my reservations aside and read it. The author is a nurse herself and brings that knowledge to the table to make this more realistic.

It is rated NC-17/M. The author doesn't shy away from the medical issues in the story, but also makes them understandable to the reader. It's a great read and I highly recommend it.

I give this story five stars.

Love In My Box

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5782455/1/

I saw a banner for this story as a favorite of one of the ladies who frequents the Finding Bella forum over on Twilighted. The story is rated M, and to my knowledge can only be found on fanfiction.net. It is written by cosmoandmarvar.

Edward and Bella meet up in Miami for spring break and have a one night stand. The problem is that Edward can't stop thinking about Bella so with the little information he has about her, he tracks her down through her college e-mail address. A relationship begins between the two almost entirely based on e-mail letters.

I really liked this story's premise, and the author does a good job of making the characters of Edward and Bella have some unique personality traits. Edward is basically an awkward nerd. Bella is a pretty liberal bookworm.

This story was really pretty borderline for me until the two meet again in person. The author really pulled me in with their interaction. I got that feeling in my chest that I would get when I read certain sense in Twilight.

Overall I would give this story four stars.

1 comment:

  1. I am all ready reading Love in My Box. I will have to try out Nightingale Journals.

    ReplyDelete