Sunday, July 25, 2010

FB - Chapter 34 Teaser



Angela greeted me with her usual cheerful smile when I got to the office. The morning was busier than usual since I was having to oversee the finance department now that James was no longer in charge. Hopefully HR would have some candidates for me to start interviewing next week.

Just before noon, Angela knocked on my office door to let me know that my cousin had arrived. I’d thought of many different things that I could tell him, however in the end, I’d decided to stick as close to the truth as possible.

Gino’s was packed with the lunch rush today. But since I am such a good customer we were able to get a table fairly quickly. It wasn’t private by any means, but I wasn’t going to say anything incriminating to Emmett.

Our server came to get our orders almost immediately, which gave me a little breathing room. I sat back in my seat enjoying being out of the office even though my thoughts, as they always did, filtered back to Isabella. To what she was doing. If she was alright. Did she miss me as well?

My thoughts were interrupted by Emmett’s rather booming voice. “So what’s going on with you and Carlisle? I got it narrowed down that much.”

“It’s complicated, Emmett,” I started.

Emmett didn’t appear to like that approach. “Oh can it, Eddie. I’m a big boy. Whatever it is, I can handle it.”

I straightened in my seat. “I have no doubts that you can handle it, Emmett. It’s just a rather delicate matter and I’d appreciate it if you’d treat it as such.”

My cousin looked a little taken a back. “Alright,” he said. “Well?”

“The short of it is that Carlisle doesn’t approve of me being with Isabella.”

“Your girlfriend?” Emmett’s surprise was evident.

“Yes. Isabella. My girlfriend.” I couldn’t help but smile at that. It wasn’t something that we had discussed yet. I saw her as my submissive, which to me was much more than just a girlfriend. But my girlfriend would be how the outside world would see her.

1 comment:

  1. :D i cant wait until you post up the next chapter and see how emmett is goin to react! thanks for da teaser!

    ReplyDelete