Saturday, December 26, 2009

FB - Chapter 15 Teaser

Then she sighed. “You can talk to me you know. I know things are strange for you right now, but you can trust me, and you can trust Edward.”

When she said Edward’s name, my entire body reacted with a weird mixture of fear and something else I really couldn’t name. “I…”

I didn’t know what to say. There was no way I could tell her what I was feeling and why. She knew my master. Worked for him even. No. I couldn’t share those things with her. I trusted her, but I didn’t trust her, if that made sense. And there I was again in the place I seemed to constantly live in, confusion.

Finally, I heard her sigh on the other end. “Okay. I won’t push. Edward would have my head if I did. But will you promise you’ll call me if you want to talk?”

I heard the pleading in her voice and couldn’t say no. “Yes.”

“Good,” she paused. “Okay, well I’d better get back to work. I’ll see you later, Isabella.”

Alice didn’t wait for me to say goodbye, she just ended the call. I was really glad she hadn’t pushed me. I didn’t think I could say no to her indefinitely, but I didn’t want to have to either lie to her or anger Master.

No comments:

Post a Comment