Tuesday, May 18, 2010

FB - Chapter 29 Teaser

“Oh no thank you, dear.” Esme took a seat on the couch. I followed her lead and sat in my chair across from her. “I’m sure you’re wondering why I’m here,” she said before I could comment.

“Well, yes, the thought did cross my mind.”

She looked around again. “Is Isabella here?”

“Yes,” I answered. “She just went to her room to get something. I’m sure she’ll be out shortly.”

“Oh. Well, good,” she said shifting in her seat slightly. My aunt was a very composed woman and for her to be nervous I knew it had to be something serious she wanted to discuss.

It would be better to get to the bottom of this quickly. “What is it, Esme?”

“Edward, I don’t know what happened Sunday between you and your uncle, but he is extremely upset about it. I may not know what’s going on, but I’m not stupid. I know whatever it is it has to do with Isabella. Maybe if the two of you talked…”

“No,” I said making it clear that I was not about to budge.

She looked at me almost pleading. “It is about Isabella isn’t it?”

“Yes.”

“She’s seems to be a sweet girl. I don’t see why…”

I had no idea what my uncle had told her, but I figured there was no sense in sugar coating this for her. She may not need to know about my lifestyle, but as far as I was concerned, Isabella was going to be a permanent fixture in my life. “Carlisle does not approve of my relationship with Isabella.”

“Edward that doesn’t make any sense. I know you’re uncle…”

“He doesn’t like me,” Isabella whispered.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh poor bella. I feel bad that she heard that. i hope Edward fixes that really quickly. Cant wait for the full chapter :)

    ReplyDelete