Saturday, February 5, 2011

What I've Been Reading

I know it's been a while, but I am still reading a few fics that I'd like to share with you.

Married to the Enemy

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5965492/1/

This story is written by Gelix and rated M.

Bella goes to Vegas with the girls and after having a little too much to drink wakes up married to Edward. But he isn't a stranger, she knows exactly who he is. Edward was Bella's bully in high school. He made her life miserable.

I really liked the premise of this story, and for a while it held my interest even though there were some glaring grammar issues. That quickly began to fade, however, as they fell in love and she forgave him. This story just seemed to go on and on with no end in site.

Last I checked this was still a work in progress, but I will not be reading anymore. I give this story two out of five stars.

Unexpected Circumstances

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6496709/1/

This story is written by Savage7289 and is rated M.

Edward is a prince visiting a neighboring kingdom for some knightly games. He wins and, as his prize, he chooses Isabella, princes Jessica's handmaid. He marries her and whisks her off to his kingdom.

I'm not sure why this story's summary appealed to me one night when I was looking for something new to read, but I am very glad that it did. This story has become my favorite fic that I'm reading at the moment. Isabella is lost in this new world she finds herself in, and Edward isn't doing much better. This story is all about them learning about each other and the situation they now both find themselves in.

If you haven't checked this story out, I highly recommend that you do. I give this story five out of five stars.

There are a couple more stories I've started reading and hopefully I will be able to get reviews for them up soon. In the meantime, if you've read either of these two stories, leave your comments. Remember, we are all looking for good stories to read.

2 comments:

  1. It's good to see that you're still around.

    I'm really loving Unexpected Circumstances. But then, I love all of Savage7289's stories. I particularly like the era this story takes place during (although she admits that she doesn't really pay too much attention to historical accuracy), it's still a really good read.

    I haven't heard of Married to the Enemy. I'll put it on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading/have read both of those. They are great. UC has been really good so far.

    ReplyDelete